Course Duration: 1.5 days inc exam in classroom.
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites required.
The Certificate in Irish Whiskey comprises eight modules of engaging content which will give the candidate an enhanced in-depth knowledge and appreciation of the different styles of Irish whiskey.
The course was written and developed by Irish whiskey experts Fionnán O’Connor and Matt Healy.
The candidate will explore the history and business of Irish whiskey, before learning the whole production and maturation processes; including the different equipment used dependent on the different mash bills adopted. The candidate will also learn about laws governing Irish whiskey and how to run a sensory analysis of Irish whiskey.
Upon completion you will have improved your knowledge and appreciation of whiskey considerably, and will have obtained a qualification recognised the industry worldwide.
Who is it for?
The Certificate in Irish Whiskey is particularly suitable to:
- Professionals in the drinks industry: hospitality staff, brand owner employees, distributors, importers & exporters, visitor centre staff, whisky investment professionals, etc.
- Individuals seeking a career in the whiskey/food & beverage industries.
- Whiskey enthusiasts eager to improve their knowledge.
- Irish Whiskey History
- The Business of Irish Whiskey
- Production Process
- Pot Still Spirit Production
- Blended Irish Whiskey
- Bottling & Labelling
- Sensory Analysis
- Multiple choice exam consisting of 50 questions.
Whisky Samples – A sample below of spirits
- Teeling Single
- Bushmills 10yr
- Teeling Black
- Currach Seaweed
Email email@example.com for further information