Course Duration: 1.5 days including exam.
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites required.
The Certificate in Scotch Whisky consists of eight engaging modules which will give the candidate an independent, in-depth overview of Scotch Whisky as a category.
The course was written and developed by Scotch whisky experts with decades of experience in the industry. The candidate will explore the fascinating history and business of Scotch as well as the laws governing Scotch whisky, before delving into the intricacies of the entire production process – learning all there is to know from raw materials and fermentation to distilling and bottling the final spirit.
Upon completion you will have improved your knowledge and appreciation of whisky considerably, and will have obtained a qualification which is recognised by the industry worldwide.
A separate SQA assessment is available for this course.
The Certificate in Scotch Whisky is particularly suitable to:
- Professionals in the drinks industry: hospitality staff, brand
owner employees, distributors, importers & exporters,
visitor centre staff, whisky investment professionals, etc.
- Individuals seeking a career in the whisky/food and beverage industries
- Whisky enthusiast’s wanting to improve their knowledge
- Historical Development of Distillation and Whisky
- Business of Whisky
- Raw Materials
- Production Process
- Batch Distillation Process
- Grain Distillation and Blending
A sample of selected whiskies to be used.
- Caol Ila
- Monkey Shoulder
- Multiple choice exam consisting of 50 questions.
- Optional SQA assessment available.
Email email@example.com for further information